Friday, June 10, 2011

June 10, 2011 (Day 22) Saddle up Y’all


Yesterday the theme was “go time” and today God gave me the words, “saddle up”. I love that God is giving me common and practical themes for my days (not to mention that He is showing me His sense of humor.) He spoke to me this morning that you can have all the momentum in the world but you have to “saddle up and get on the horse to get moving.” Don’t stand still or one of my favorites,  "Idle time is Satan’s playground." He spoke to me, “Keep HOPE alive, keep praying, keep fighting, and keep moving.”

Our doctor called this morning to update us with news after reviewing our scans for a few hours with another cardiologist. They believe that Jackson’s heart condition referred to as Congenitally Corrected Transposition of the Great Arteries has actually corrected itself into a fully functioning heart. However, he has several other underlying issues that makes this very complex, but that news in itself gives us HOPE. He will still need open heart surgery, a pacemaker, and several surgeries to repair his heart, but we are getting closer to pinpointing his actual needs immediately after birth. “This is doable, this is possible, this is fixable.” I keep telling myself over and over, “God, you can do this,”

We are beginning to see people reach out to us that we never would have expected and strangers receiving our blog information. We are seeing God move in ways that we have never experienced. All this due to what the world may call “a defective heart.” We choose to call it Jackson’s special heart. For God knew exactly what He was doing when He formed his heart and only God knows in what ways his special heart will touch the lives of those around him.

For now, we stand in the HOPE that is in Jesus, for He is able to do so much more beyond our wildest dreams. But, we have to choose to move according to His will. So today for Jackson, “I will saddle up and get on the horse. It’s time to move." And while I am at it, I may just even say y’all once or twice! 
Thanksgiving 2010- Ava riding my parents horse Buttons along with Chris (my husband) and my parents (Jeff & Joan)

3 comments:

  1. Love it. Praying for you friends. It is amazing the battles God allows us to fight, but more amazing the strength He gives us to fight through them to victory. Kathryn you are a tender, but tough woman and God is shining through you. xoxo. jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen girl! Your words, "We choose to call it Jackson’s special heart. For God knew exactly what He was doing when He formed his heart..." gave me chills. God is doing miracles in Jackson and in you EVERY day. This is SO encouraging, even in the little mountains I face in daily life. So grateful for your family's testimony and stalwart faith in adversity's face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of those "strangers" reading your blog and who is so inspired! Your faith is amazing and your determination to not give up or feel defeated is truly inspirational. I went to church years ago with your sister Angie. Praying for little Jackson up here in Oregon and look forward to reading your blog the day you get to write the doctors words "I don't know how to explain it, but Jacksons heart is fine!" believing for complete healing!

    ReplyDelete