Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1, 2011 (Day 13) Enjoy life


I went shopping with Ava this morning to get some things for her birthday. We tried on clothes together, went to the party store, and bought the rest of the items needed for her cake. We had so much fun together! I realized how much of life I can miss out on when I dwell on the unknown. I may never have these moments with Jackson, but for now every minute still counts with my sweet little Ava. We laughed, we hugged, we both tried on heels (or walking shoes as she calls them). God gave me a little piece of joy amongst the stress this morning and I am so thankful. 
 
I have learned more about who God is and how much His love abounds through my children then anything else in my life. First came Ava, then our sweet Jaiden that we lost two years ago, and now Jackson is creating a steadfast faith in our house. Worshiping, praying, and praising Him today for the amazing gifts He has given me through my children. The heartaches are great with children, but the joy is immeasurable! 

To my sweet Ava, thank you for helping mommy through today. Your beautiful smile was exactly what I needed. I love you!

Taken 1 week before we knew about Jackson's heart condition.

2 comments:

  1. she's so big now!!! and as beautiful as ever!!! of course your daughter calls high heels "walking shoes!" that's all you used to walk in! Love you! glad you enjoyed the day with your beautiful wonderful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know your family, but your story has so much touched my heart. I was only 20 or so weeks pregnant when we found out that our little girl had several holes in her heart and that it was not completely formed how it should have been. They also told us that she may also have Down Syndrome, which she did, and we did not know until after she was born. She had open heart surgery at 6 months and is doing very well! I am just writing this to encourage you because I know how it feels when you are told devastating news like that and you do not know what the outcome is going to be, but the only way my husband and I got through was to keep our focus on the Lord, because He knows All and He is faithful. I will pray for your little sweet precious Jackson. Blessings to your family!

    ReplyDelete