Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011 (Day 12) Facing your giants


I found myself at the library this morning searching for books for Ava when I found a few great books for myself.  One that I picked out specifically because of the title is  called, Facing your Giants by Max Lucado. I began reading it and immediately I knew, this was the book God had chosen for me in this season. I highly urge everyone to pick up a copy at your library or anywhere else. You will not be disappointed! 

For me, I am facing my biggest giant. It’s called fear. I told Chris long before all of this that I feel like I could recover from just about anything other than having one of my children die in my arms. How do you bounce back from that? The second the doctors told us about Jackson, fear like I have never felt before  took over. I had no other choice but to move forward. Every day science tells me that I will hold my child lifeless in my arms, but faith tells me to push on and believe. 

David faced Goliath. He not only faced him, but scripture (I Samuel 17:48) tells us that he ran to Goliath. David saw what others didn’t and refused to see what others did. He could physically see Goliath just like any other man waiting on the sidelines, but he saw God more so. When everyone around him talked tactics and impossibilities, David discussed nothing else but God. He wasted no time on odds, but was focused on what He knew God could do. David’s life is a roller coaster of ups and downs. He had moments of faith and moments of great failure, yet God still called him a man after His own heart. What an incredible title.

We each have a choice, are we God focused or “giant” focused? 

God, grant me the strength to see you even in times where everyone else sees the impossible. As David ran to meet Goliath, his brothers covered their eyes in fear and Goliath laughed. God, regardless of what others may think or say, may Chris & I run to our greatest fears with confidence because you are more than able. Thank you because you are faithful. 

The battle is on, the war is raging.

1 comment:

  1. Facing Your Giants is a book that helped me a lot with my faith and getting to know God better. It is written by an inspiring writer named Max Lucado. He takes you through a series of stories in the bible that relate to real life, so you can relate to it. This book inspired me to be a Christian every day, not just on sundays and wednesdays when I go to church. If you are struggling with a giant in your life, man is this the book for you! One of the giants that I had in my life was questioning God for some of the bad stuff that happened in my life. By reading this book I realized that everything happens for a reason, and that helped me a lot. I also learned that by fighting trough some of the bad stuff good things will happen to you. The patience that it taught me has carried over into a lot of other events in my life.

    ReplyDelete