Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011 (Day 6) My Incredible Husband

Happy birthday to my incredible husband! His birthday snuck up on me this year as our lives have been pure craziness for about the last month or so. With closing on our house, fixing it, moving, and then our shocking news it seemed to zoom up so fast on the calendar. Chris & I have never been big gift givers to each other. Anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas, etc, have always just presented a day to fully let the other know just how important they are. I always cherish this in our lives because it speaks a lot of who we are as a couple. We are not extravagant. We are simple in almost every way.
 What kind of a gift do you get for a guy that is devastated, hurting, and trying the best he can to stay strong for his family? There is no extra money to be spent due to us trying our best to put everything aside for our baby’s medical needs. So, I thought about it and the very best way to wish my husband a happy birthday is to take the time to publically acknowledge just how incredible he is.

 Somewhere between “Can I get your number?” and him full out kicking a soccer ball into my face (on accident) I was smitten. He was never afraid to let me see exactly who he was. During a beach trip with a group of people I overheard him talking to the person driving as he said, “ I just don’t want to waste my time dating. The next girl I actually spend my time dating is going to be my wife.” Hmmm, so if I at least get to dating, I may have a pretty darn good chance at a life with him I thought. Long story short when he asked me to start dating him on the back porch of my parent’s house I cried for days. How did I get so blessed that a man like him took notice in a girl like me? To sum up just how wonderful he is, I still ask myself the same question.

 Since the very first day that we started dating he has given me such respect, such care, and such deep love. He has been a man of honor, someone that I know I can always lean on for strength. He is so gentle, so tenderhearted, yet so strong at the same time. He doesn’t take life too seriously in the sense that life is too short to not stop and enjoy the things around you. He can be a “man’s man” with sports and building, and then come home to gently sing sweet songs on his guitar to his daughter. He uses the strength of his hands to build beautiful carpentry and with the same hands soothes Ava when she has a wound or a scrape. He works hard to provide for our family financially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually every day.

 People closest to us know that our life since getting married seems almost like a series of unfortunate events. At times it seems like one event after another just continually sets us back from the desires of our hearts. However, through it all our marriage stays in tack. He never stops loving me, never doubts me, and always encourages me to be at my best. I could not have picked a better husband or a better father to raise my kids with.

 So Chris, on this very special day may you always remember just how respected and loved you are. Come what may, I will always cherish you and the incredible bond that God has given us. I will never leave you, good days or bad, joy or heartbreak. You are the love of my life and I can’t imagine a life without you. You have given me my greatest joys in life, the most beautiful daughter, and the incredible honor of carrying a baby boy that is teaching us every day to never take life for granted. It is a privilege to call you my best friend, my partner in life, and my incredible husband. I love you more than I could ever write in words! Enjoy being celebrated today and remember that you are not alone in this battle.  I’ll always have your hand and together we’ll walk through this along a loving and faithful God.

No comments:

Post a Comment